fast facts about nicole
- She worked as a Study Abroad Coordinator and a Yoga Philosophy Program Coordinator at Loyola Marymount University.
- She is a graduate of the Hakomi Method of Psychotherapy Comprehensive Training where she learned mindfulness-based approaches to therapy.
- She has been a certified Anti-boring Approach Coach for 6+ years, one of Gretchen Wegner’s first trainees.
She has an affinity for working with LGBTQ+ and/or alter-abled students.
- She specializes in students with anxiety and executive functioning challenges.
- She spent a year at a meditation center after college.
- Her brother, Lee is also an academic coach!
- She has one autistic teenager and one neurotypical kiddo.
- She is an avid artist and lover of the creative process.
- She loves personal growth, “sweetweird” genre movies and books, cats, the outdoors, barbell training, board games with her family, and dying her hair strange colors.
In the words of past clients...
I AM SO GRATEFUL she has had you this semester! You served as her counselor as well as her writing support, and she really needed your kind guidance desperately. That will of hers is a powerful thing, but it can be directed, when she feels the direction is coming from a caring source.
I want to thank you again for working with me. Even after my summer class ended I have continued to use google calendar and pomodoro timers to stay on top of personal tasks and goals. Talking openly about how I was doing in my classes has helped me be more honest and compassionate with myself. You have helped me learn to recognize when I need to adjust my behavior and given me myriad strategies to do so. The success I have already seen under your coaching has boosted my confidence.